Wednesday, November 30, 2011

project 365: day oo6.

day oo6: stacy

so today i went to my favorite adopted sisters' soccer game, Miss Hailey and Miss Hannah Havelind. although i think their family would claim i'm the adopted one. anyway, there i am sitting on the bleachers wondering who i could meet. there's a lady sitting by herself next to me and i feel it on my heart that she's the one (not like "the one" like my soulmate but my one for the day, but you got that). so time keeps passing by and im watching the game and i keep letting the minutes roll on. i start to think to myself "well im going somewhere later so maybe she's not the person." so i keep watching the game. but then i decide "no, she's it." so i wait 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then after the half...

...then my phone goes off and i get this text from a friend:

"procrastination is like masturbation. at first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself."

wow! it was like a text message straight from God! (more or less) but man it's what i needed. i turned straight to her and started talking about the game and learned her daughter plays on the team and her son is touring the country and canada playing hockey and some other cool stuff.

as time goes by i see that there is no shortage of people on God's part but only a shortage of courage on mine. those few seconds before i turn to someone to start the conversation i feel as if i wanna throw up and die. but with each word that comes out, fear leaves the body. i see this stage of my project as preparation for the next. with time it will get easier to take those first steps and my courage will become bolder. and im learning i won't die!

No comments:

Post a Comment